Leaders and Staff
Phil Wiedemann - Minister
Phil is an ordained Presbyterian Minister. He is married to Karen and together they have three children.
Jack van Tricht - Church Administrator
Jack is the church office secretary, handling the general administration tasks of the church.
Church Leadership - The Session
The elders in a congregation are the spiritual overseers. In the Presbyterian Church, they are called a "Session". The Session has many special responsibilities in promoting the spiritual life of their congregations.
Phil Wiedemann, Steve Cheal, Phil Paton, Keith Appleby, Andrew Dekkers (Session Clerk), Ian Paton, Doug Johnston; Arthur Macalpine ; Geoff Wiedemann.
The responsibilities of The Session are quite extensive, with just some them listed here:
- Exercise supervision over all activities and groups within the congregation and promote their spiritual vitality. This includes approving leaders of Sunday Schools , Choirs, Bible Study, and special purpose groups.
- Appoint the time and place for the meetings of public worship and for the observance of the sacraments. They also determine the suitability or otherwise of those who apply for baptism, and exercise due oversight over the celebration of the Lord's Supper.
- Admit persons to the membership of the congregation, or as adherents, and remove persons from these privileges when necessary as allowed for by the rules of the church. They also make sure that proper pastoral care is provided for all communicant members through visitation, encouragement and personal example.
- Ensure that appropriate diaconal help is offered where possible.
- Ensure that careful attention is given to suggestions for changes to the rules of the church.
Church Leadership - The Committee of Management
Each year congregation chooses some of its members to serve on the "Committee of Management." The responsibility of the Managers is to maintain the property of the congregation, particularly its land and buildings, and to look after the financial requirements of the congregation. The Committee meets quarterly with additional meetings as required.
Our 2015 Management Team...
Elected members: Andrew King; Dawn Allington, Robin Cameron, Peter Fuller and Jeff Harris.
Staff members:Lyn Appleby (Secretary)
Correspondence may be addressed to the Committee as follows:
Committee of Management
Inverell Presbyterian Church
94 Vivian Street
INVERELL NSW 2360